Yale believes in total commitment to safety awareness, resulting in a better working environment.
Yale is dedicated to the understanding of customers’ needs at all levels and offers a broad range of equipment designed with the exact end-user requirements.
Yale’s comprehensive range of safety products is manufactured under ISO9002 accreditation and meets all relevant European CE standards.
Whether you have already purchased Yale products or are a potential user, instruction and training is a requirement as stated in the Work at Height Regulations 2005.
The Working at Height Regulations 2005
- Working at height, no longer means above 2 metres before PPE is required. The new regulations state -Where a person could fall a distance liable to cause personal injury.
- Make sure you have done the following:
- Method statement
- Risk Assessment
- Have a rescue plan in place. Do NOT rely on the Emergency Services.
- Train people in the use of Fall Protection Equipment.
- Inspection of Fall Protection Equipment (keep records).
NB: This is only a brief description of the regulations. For a full copy visit: www.hse.gov.uk
Calculating the potential fall distance:
When using a shock absorbing lanyard, it is important to understand how to calculate the potential fall distance to avoid contact with the lower level. The calculation below gives the minimum fall distance between the anchorage point of the lanyard (Fall Factor 2) and the lower level.
This is calculated by allowing for:
- twice the length of the lanyard (to allow for the length of the lanyard and the height of the worker).
- +1.75mtr deceleration distance to allow for elongation of the shock absorber and any give in the lanyard.
- +1 mtr safety margin.
TOTAL = 6.75mtr clearance required using a 2mtr lanyard.
|Two point harness:||Included|
|2 metre twin tail shock absorbing web lanyard:||Included|
|Screw gate snap hooks:||Included|
|Scaffold Hooks:||2 Included|
|Documentation:||CE Marked and comes with Certification|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.